Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:48:20 PST
> Date:         Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:51:38 -0500
> From: "Margaret J. Brandt" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      [LSTSRV-L] Editing a Confirmed Message
>
> I get a message to confirm for posting, and instead of just saying OK I =
> add text into the  message.  Will the message still go out from the list =
> or now will it go out from me?

It depends on where you sent the response to the "confirm".
If you sent it to the list itself,  you'll simply receive back
another request to confirm --now, the new message.

If you sent it back to the LISTSERVer, I'm not sure. It may depend on
whether you preserved the special content of the Subject line which
the LISTSERVer sent you when it asked you to confirm and whether the
first/only word on the first line of the text was ok.

What I don't know is whether LISTSERV will respect that Subject line
and ok (and post the message) if the message also contains other text.
If it doesn't, then you'll get an error message back from the LISTSERVer
stating that you sent a bunch of unknown commands (all that unwelcome
text in your message body).

Peter R