David Chapin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 16:43:51 GMT
With the closing of GATECH and the flood on the cybernet
of old mailing lists in need of a new home, I wonder if
Eric Thomas and other commercial mailing list service
companies would consider the following idea:

   Offer a 6 months free trial period for new non-commercial
   mailing lists.

This would enable to new lists to organize better and
actively solicit funding among subscribers to pay the
mailing list fees. This is somewhat new to all of us.

This free trial period would not only guarantee support
and longevity of the mailing list, it would provide a
bit of good will from the service company.

I hope someone would consider this idea seriously. Thanks!

  David Chapin ([log in to unmask])

  ... still looking for a home for 6 genealogy lists evicted
  from GATECH