Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Jul 1994 16:49:13 +0200
On Thu, 14 Jul 1994 10:17:05 EDT "Steven P. Roder"
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>As  Eric already  posted,  make sure  LMAIL knows  the  id of  LISTSERV.
>However, this will only affect the mail coming through mailer. If a list
>stamps it's outgoing mail with a  bitnet address, then these pieces will
>come via RSCS,

Well, "will" is  perhaps not the right  word. If the return  address is a
BITNET address, most  of the mail will still come  through the mailer, as
it  should. However,  the  world being  as it  is,  some mailers  running
without tables will indeed send it via NJE, and then it never reaches the
right person. This is just a couple  percent of the mail in question, but
with a large list it can be quite significant.

>I don't  think 1.7f can specify  FQDN (at least, probably  not until the
>code in beta test (for LTCP in 1.7f) is running?).

The  LTCP   exploitation  update  will   not  include  support   for  the
"List-Address=" keyword. It will just  include support for INTPEERS NAMES
and the use of LTCP servers for DISTRIBUTE.

  Eric