Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:15:44 -0800
Folks --

VMS 8.3
SWS 2.1.1 (Apache 2.0.57)
LISTSERV 14.5

When we run WA.EXE from cgi-bin, there seems to be an issue where any headers
sent aren't recognized as headers.  (We vaguely suspect something funny with
carriage control or a blank line preceding the HTTP response header, but
haven't been able to prove it.)

For Firefox, which isn't willing to render HTML unless it got a content-type
header identifying what was coming as HTML, that means the whole HTTP+HTML
response shows up as unrendered text.  For Internet Explorer, that means
cookie-setting and un-setting don't work.

Does this version of WA.EXE work for you with that version of SWS?  Is there
some configuration magic to make it work?  Would upgrading to version 15 solve
this problem?

Thanks,

-- Alan

 Alan Winston --- [log in to unmask]
 Disclaimer: I speak only for myself, not SLAC or SSRL   Phone:  650/926-3056
 Paper mail to: SSRL -- SLAC BIN 99, 2575 Sand Hill Rd, Menlo Park CA   94025