Jim Gerland - Network User Support <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jan 1994 08:20:53 EST
On Mon, 3 Jan 1994 22:46:00 EDT Nollaig MacKenzie said:
>        When a list subscriber forgets her password, what
>can be done? Can the listserv postmaster discover the old
>password, or create a new one, or ...? I have a subscriber
>who can't use FUI or AFD, but who (on my advice :-) ) wants to.

Yes, the LISTSERV Postmaster can issue a QUIET PWC DEL and then a PWC
ADD for that user.  There are ways to find out the old password but it
is much simpler to just delete the old one and add a new one.

There is nothing the list owner can do (unless they are also the LISTSERV
Postmaster).
             Jim...