"Geert K. Marien" <GKM$FAID@QUEENS>
Thu, 7 Jan 88 23:34:48 EST
Most  requests I  have seen  that end  up  being sent  to the  list when  they
are  supposed to  be sent  to the  LISTSERV  by the  user, that  is, the  junk
we  are talking  about, is  not 1  line,  often just  one line  in the  header
and  also  often  a combination  of  the  two.  Eric  makes a  sound  argument
against the scanning.  I agree.

I must  say that I,  as much, if  not more,  would like to  see a way  to scan
and eliminate  the junk  that ends up  going out over  some lists,  but unless
a  really  rational manner  (read  that  zero  increase  in overhead)  can  be
found, it is just not pratical.

/Geert