Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:25:35 -0700
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:50:59 +0100, Steve Nuehring <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hello I am a new admin to listserv server, not just a list but the server which
>hosts these lists. I am having a lot of problems getting my hands around
>several issues. First let me ask the pressing one today. I have a admin of a list
>which has previously sent messsages formatted in Outlook using the HTML
>format. No problems there and you can see the message in his archives. Then
>the past two months the messages he has sent comeback as plain text? I see
>them in his archives too. In the content-type when sent correctly it reads
>multipart/related which I assume is correct for a message which contains text,
>graphics and links. In the messages that were sent that do not have the
>proper format the content- type indicates plain/text. I am unsure or editing
>variables for web templates and was wondering if this is where that variable is
>set?

You should not be editing templates at all.  They have no effect on the
messages sent to/through the list.  Instead you should look at the List
Configuration, specifically the setting Misc-Options

 List Management > List Configuration > Alphabetic Keyword List

Look to see if the setting is DISCARD_HTML

which means exactly what it says, i.e. when a multipart/alternative message
comes to this list, the html message part is removed, leaving only the
plain-text part.  Attachments, if any, are controlled by a different Keyword
(Attachments).

>I see under the body of the message [TEXT-A1] that the variable
>ARCCONY is beside the contect-type but when I enter edit mode it only allows
>me to change the descriptions? 1. Is this variable control the format of the
>message sent?

No.

>2. Can that be changed in templates?

No.

>3. What else can I do to
>reset their templates to the default, or should I? Any help anyone can offer
>me would be greatly accepted My email [log in to unmask]

See above, it is not a matter for templates, which control the display (look
and feel) of the LISTSERV web pages.