"George D. Greenwade" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Apr 1991 11:33:14 CDT
On Mon, 29 Apr 91 07:50:16 MST, BOB STRINGFIELD
<[log in to unmask]> asks:

> Does anyone know of a mailing list that discusses Informix Software
> Products in specifically their relational database management systems
> (RDBMS) material.
>
> I have queried the posted dbms, infosys, and data admin lists.

Interesting....  This just came in from NEW-LIST - New List Announcements

Informix E-Mail Discussion List

   This is to announce an electronic mailing list for the discussion of
   Informix software and related subjects.  Topics include all of the
   Informix offerings, from C-ISAM to WingZ, plus third-party products.

   Membership in the list is open to anyone, including end-users,
   vendors and employees of Informix Software, Inc. The list is
   unmoderated, so members are solely responsible for its content.  All
   contributions are welcome, so long as they emphasize substantive
   information.

   To subscribe, send e-mail to [log in to unmask] with
   the following information:

    1. Your name (not just your login ID)
    2. Organization or Company name
    3. Postal address
    4. Voice phone number
    5. Operating environment, such as hardware, OS, network
    6. Informix products your regularly use:  4GL, ISQL, RDS, etc.
    7. Whether you want Informix-related Usenet comp.databases articles
       sent to you via e-mail (see below)
    8. The number of User-ID's served if you use an alias (see also below)
    9. Any comments or suggestions you have about the list

   About #7: The list provides a gateway service where Informix-related
   articles posted to the Usenet newsgroup comp.databases can be sent to
   you via e-mail.  This is a one-way transfer, in that messages posted
   directly to the list will not be automatically sent back to
   comp.databases -- at least not for now.  If you do not want the
   gateway service, please indicate this in your mail.

   About #8: If there are several users on your system(s) that want to
   subscribe, you may want to set up a local mail alias for incoming
   list messages if you have that capability.  If you do, pick an alias
   such as "informix-distr" to which users are unlikely to post, and do
   *not* include the main list address in your alias.  I'd appreciate
   knowing the number of User-ID's that it serves.

   I'm excited about the prospects for this list, and I'm looking
   forward to seeing it grow.  If you have any questions or comments,
   please let me know.

   Owner:

   Walt Hultgren                        Internet:  [log in to unmask]
   Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA   BITNET:  walt@EMORY
   Voice: +1 404 727 0648               UUCP:{...,rutgers,gatech}!emory!rmy!walt

   <"Informix", "C-ISAM" and "WingZ" are registered trademarks of Informix
   Software, Inc.>