"TRACY LOGAN, LAFAYETTE COLLEGE, EASTON PA" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 May 1992 13:56:00 EDT
This mod struck me as excellent example of design in the spirit
of the credo Donald Norman annunciates in his thought-full book,
*Psychology of Everyday Things*:

> select detector  in lstsrv-l since July 1990
>--> Database LSTSRV-L, 3 hits.

>Sender:       "Forum on LISTSERV release 1.6" <[log in to unmask]>
>From:         Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Changes from release 1.6d to 1.6e
>
>* New       New "dumb user" detector attempts  to filter commands sent to
>            the list rather than the LISTSERV userid. See description.

That's the only reference to this detector that my LDBASE queries
picked up.  Has anyone seen the filter in action?  Able to share
the output?  (I don't want to tempt it!)  -- tracy

PS: I can send a quote from the Norman book to anyone interested.