Jakko Vos <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 04:49:04 -0500
Hi,

I'm facing a problem. I need to test what happens when a list contains an
email-address that does not exist (anymore). We use an external mailserver
to deliver posted messages, and I can see in the log of this server that it
tries to post the testmessage to the bogus email adress I added to the list.

Then, the mailserver tries to send an error report to owner-
<listname>@<listserver domain name>. This is the value of the "Return-path"
entry in the mail header.

This email adress does not exist, and the message cannot be delivered. It
remains in the outbox folder of the mailserver.

How can I let the mailserver send its error report to the list owner?

Regards,
Jakko Vos