Rob Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Jan 1991 23:41:00 EST
I might be panicking unnecessarily, but there might be a loop on the
INFO-VAX mailing list; since that list has such a high volume and such
a high number of subscribers, I figured that it was better to post
quickly.

Below are portions of the headers I've received; the message text was
identical.  I have received at least ten pairs of identical messages
form that list today; in each case, the headers look like the ones
below.  The "Comments:" field make me thing that there is something
odd going on at [log in to unmask]

Header 1:

Date:         Thu, 3 Jan 91 11:02:00 CST
Sender:       INFO-VAX Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:     To: [log in to unmask]
Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was
Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was
From:         Ghost in the -Turing- Machine <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Internet WHOIS program?
To:           BC BBoards <[log in to unmask]>, Rob Gross <[log in to unmask]>

Header 2:

Date:         Thu, 3 Jan 91 11:02:00 CST
Sender:       INFO-VAX Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:     To: [log in to unmask]
Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was
Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was INFO-VAX@PTEARN
From:         Ghost in the -Turing- Machine <[log in to unmask]>
To:           BC BBoards <[log in to unmask]>, Rob Gross <[log in to unmask]>

I hope that this isn't a serious problem...

Rob Gross
Department of Mathematics   BITNET:   GROSS@BCVMS
Boston College              Internet: [log in to unmask]
Chestnut Hill, MA 02167