Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:09:03 -0600
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:48:59 -0400, Michael Appleby <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>As a last resort, I can remove the reference
>to the URL from the template, but this would remove it for all commands.

As you have noticed, in LISTSERV 1.8d the OK/Confirm URL cannot be used to to
confirm a user-originated CHANGE command.  This is corrected in 1.8e.
Email confirmation works properly in both 1.8d and 1.8e.  There is a way to
remove the URL only when the template is used to confirm a CHANGE command.

here is the portion of the CONFIRM1 template that will display the URL

To confirm the execution of your &C, simply
.bb CHANGE NOT IN &CMD                         <-added line
.bb &WA_URL ^= ''
point your browser to the following URL:

.se MOREOPT
.bb &DEFINED(&LISTNAME) = 1
.se MOREOPT &&L=&LISTNAME
.eb
.ce &WA_URL;?OK=&CODE;&MOREOPT

Alternatively, if you have no WWW access, you can
.eb
.eb                                            <-added line

What this conditional block does is permit the URL to appear only when the
LISTSERV Command Verb is not the word CHANGE.  If the Command Verb is the word
CHANGE, then the URL will not appear and the rest of the message describes how
to reply by email to complete the confirmation.

This works in both 1.8d and 1.8e.