"David J. Buechner" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 13 Oct 90 16:08:59 EDT
>Removing the PROFS option solves the problem for subscribers, but angers
>local PROFS users.  The //EOJ statement is what I was looking for.

Another option is to fix OFSRDR so that it will read in mail without the
LOCAL 1 PROFS kludge.  I have a fix to OFSRDR which accomplishes this for the
asking.  Please request this by *private* mail to me so as to not clutter the
list.

As for PROFS, it's gross, a pain to support, etc.  BUT, it is the *easiest*
thing to teach a large community of users to use, and it's integrated calendar
and e-mail functions are not parralled by anything I've ever seen.  It, like
most pieces of software, has it's place.  Soapbox discussions about it are
most meaningless.

*end of my own soapbox*  :-)

David Buechner
Acting Manager, IBM Systems Support
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA