Daniel Glasner <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 21:32:41 -0400
Hi,

We are a non profit organization that maintains an e-mail list, currently
run by majordomo at [log in to unmask] . Our list has about one
thousand subscribers and we send messages at a rate of one a week. We are
having trouble managing the bounced messages. Does anyone on this list
know of a service provider that can house our list on his/her system? We
would need a Listserv program to maintain this list because of its ability
to monitor bounced messages and unsubscribe people accordingly.

Enclosed is some information on our list.

Thanks in advance

FAIR (Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting) is the national media watch
group offering well-documented criticism in an effort to correct
bias and imbalance. FAIR focuses public awareness on the narrow
corporate ownership of the press, the media's allegiance to
official agendas and their insensitivity to women, labor,
minorities and other public interest constituencies. FAIR seeks to
invigorate the First Amendment by advocating for greater media
pluralism and the inclusion of public interest voices in national
debates.

FAIR is making information available online. If you like what you
see, please subscribe to FAIR's magazine, EXTRA! Since FAIR's
material regularly criticizes the influence of the government and
big business over the media, we cannot look to those institutions
for support. We can only continue our hard-hitting independent
media analysis with the support of individual subscribers. Please
help us continue our valuable work. That will also encourage us to
keep making information available online.

You can subscribe to EXTRA!, which comes out every other month, and
FAIR's newsletter, EXTRA! Update, published on months EXTRA! isn't,
by sending a check or money order to:

FAIR/EXTRA!
Dept. V6-CNL
P.O. Box 170
Congers, NY 10920

Or, you can call 800-847-3993 from 9 to 5 Eastern Time.
Subscriptions are $19. Please let them know you got the info
online. For a limited time, you can get a copy of FAIR's book
debunking Limbaugh, "The Way Things Aren't" (a $6.95 value) with a
subscription to EXTRA!

FAIR also produces a nationally syndicated half-hour radio program,
CounterSpin. CounterSpin is on about 90 mostly non-commercial
stations (day and time listing is available by mailing to
[log in to unmask]). If no station in your area airs
CounterSpin, please contact stations in your area and urge them to
pick it up.

FAIR has a URL at: http://www.fair.org/fair/

FAIR also has an electronic mailing list. You can subscribe by
sending mail from the account you want to be on the list to
[log in to unmask] with the first and only line (without the
quotation marks):

"subscribe fair-l"

FAIR's original report on Rush Limbaugh is available on the web
page or by sending a blank e-mail message [log in to unmask] (in
one very long document) or in several sections Gopher
(gopher.igc.apc.org; port 70) and choosing:

--->  Organizations on the IGC Networks Gopher
    --->  Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR)

An archive of FAIR material can be found on the "fair" conference
on peacenet. (For information on peacenet, mail to
[log in to unmask]) FAIR also regularly posts to conferences
such as misc.activism.progressive and alt.journalism.criticism

FAIR
130 West 25th Street
New York, NY 10001
Tel: 212-633-6700
Fax: 212-727-7668

(We regret that we don't have the staff to respond to all our mail,
but clippings, tips, thoughts etc. are welcome.)

--
Daniel Glasner
"The World Exists For Me!"