"Eric Thomas (Pasteur)" <ERIC@PASTEUR>
Fri, 15 Jul 88 15:02:20 SET
Dear Frank,

May I make two suggestions?

1. Instead of sending useless complaints about the documentation to this list,
   just sit down and write your own. You said REXX was easy to understand for
   you, so it should not take you too much time.

2. Signup to the REXXLIST distribution list. Of course, REXX does not run on
   your hardware, I know. You don't have to listen to the *contents* of the
   discussion. Just look at the questions. REXX has a very good documentation,
   both online and offline. "Hi net, I'd like to know how one can round up a
   number, I know it's got to be somewhere in the docs, but I figured it
   would be easier to ask the list". You will also find a number of
   completely false "explanations" from people who think that they know,
   like "In REXX, numbers are in fact character strings, so you can do
   a = a+'1'. This also means that 0 and 0.00 are not equal". Look at the
   LIAISON archives, and you will find LISTSERV examples of both.

Eric