Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jun 1991 14:27:56 +0100
On Wed, 19 Jun 1991 16:52:43 EDT Postmaster <BETH@NASVM> said:

>TELL LISTSERV AT PUCC FOR user@NAS SUBSCRIBE listname firstname lastname
>
>Listserv  at PUCC  tells me:  *  You are  not the  registered NAD  (Node
>Administrator)  for node  NAS.PRINCETON.EDU. The  NAD for  this node  is
>
>Why it added Princeton.edu, I don't know

I got confirmation from  the Princeton folks that this is  due to a local
mod - they have a machine called NAS.PRINCETON.EDU and I guess its mailer
generates headers with an unqualified address.

>* You are  not the registered  NAD (Node Administrator) for  node NASVM.
>The NADs for this node are BETH@NASVM, BETH@NASVM and [log in to unmask]

MAINT is indeed not the registered NAD for NASVM, and the 3 copies of the
address are  due to  a bug  I will fix  tomorrow. I  assume you  sent the
command in  a different way,  which made it look  like it came  from node
NASVM rather than NAS and did not trigger the local mod.

  Eric