Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 9 Feb 88 17:53:37 SET
1. I get enough REVIEW commands on my LISTSERV to be almost sure that 90%
   of users know  that a list can  be reviewed and that their  name is on
   it.

2. If  my name is  suuuuuuuch a National Defense  Classified Confidential
   secret, I  can always send a  REGISTER OFF command or  provide a bogus
   name. If my userid is  the Confidential Information, I should probably
   get a  secret services person subscribe  to the list using  a dummy id
   and forward mail  to me using the Security Procedures  outlined in CIA
   document XPS-2676445.

3. You can always set up a second LISTSERV on a second RSCS which doesn't
   have access to BITNET and put the Confidential lists there.

4. My personal impression  on this is that it would be  nice to have this
   possibility, but I  think I have a lot of  other more important things
   to waste  my time  on. People  with confidential  names/userids should
   probably not get on an open network like BITNET.

Eric