John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 May 2003 23:38:35 -0400
> Dear Tech Support,
>
> We are using ListServ for Solaris 1.8e.  Several of our users complaint
> about the daily error/monitor report sent to them days after even the error
> was correct.  Can I change the configuration file that it won't report once
> the error was correct.  For example, a recipient's mail server went down
> for three hours when ListServ tried to deliver a post to their server but
> got bounced.  I could see the mail was successfully delivered after 3
> hours.  But the daily error/monitor report kept sending to the owner of the
> list for 2 or 3 days.  I know:

> Subscribers will be automatically deleted from the list when delivery
> errors
> have been  reported for a  period of  4 days or  more, or when  100
> delivery
> errors have  been received,  whichever occurs  first. Monitoring  will
> cease after 5 days without any reported error.
>
> Note: manually deleted subscribers may remain on the monitoring report
> under an alias address. Such entries will expire eventually; you do not
> need to do anything about them.
>
> but it didn't apply to the case I just describe?

Once a permanent error occurs the monitoring period begins, in your case 5
days. Each day each user which is being monitored will be on the report
until the end of the monitoring period. There is nothing you can do to
change this behavior unless you change the Auto-Delete settings. In other
words, if a user produced one permanent error on May 1st, they will remain
on the report until May 5th, even if they produce no more errors. After
May 6th without further errors, they will be removed from the report.