Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:42:58 PST
> Date:         Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:12:49 -0500
> From: Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Since the emails that your users *are* getting, i.e. the command
> response saying "blah blah has been sent to you under separate cover"
> is administrative mail that would have the null MAIL FROM:, I don't
> think the problem in this case would be that msn.com is rejecting
> MAIL FROM:<>.

And, what address is put into the MAIL FROM: field for the actual file
which is sent "under separate cover" (i.e., the promised message that
they do not receive)? Just curious --I have no clue as to what the
problem is (yet).

> I sent a GET CURRENT SCLISTS to the Sierra Club LISTSERV, and the
> file returned was 31K.

Yes. Just to be clear, we've heard about this problem only
from (some of) our [log in to unmask]

> Could it be that MSN has put a limit on the
> *size* of messages it accepts? Does this seem to happen only with
> larger messages? Are you able to send that file to the person
> complaining from your own address?

These addressees do not receive even very small files. And, yes,
I can send them the very same (larger) files and they do receive them.
They also tell me that they regularly receive even much larger files
with graphics, etc.

> Francoise

Thanks,
Peter Rauch