Daniel Cwiertniewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Apr 1994 13:48:56 -0400
I am getting bounced email from our LISTSERV.  Here are the conditions:
We run LISTSERV 1.7f (FIX17F2) and Lmail 1.1d/1.7f.  All the bounces seem
to originate from the LISTSERV /FORWARD program.  I've checked the
archives a bit and found some references to LMAIL version 1.24.  Its hard
for me to tell if I'm at that version or not.  The mail that bounces is
always a PROFS note.  Thanks in advance...

 Here is the error:

An invalid RFC822 mail file was found in your mailbox and is being
forwarded to you under a new cover.  Please try to determine the cause of
this error (see parser error messages below) and ask your correspondent or
his User Support Personnel to find a solution to the problem if at all
possible, as this method of forwarding requires more CPU time and is less
reliable than the regular one. The messages issued by the RFC822 parser
are reproduced below:

W Invalid RFC822 field - "HELO CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU". Rest of header
    flushed.
E "From:"/"Sender:" field is missing.

If you have any question about the mail forwarding program, please contact
[log in to unmask] Thanks for your collaboration.