Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:35:01 -0400
listserv postmaster wrote:
> I have a listowner that maintains  several lists for Pharmacy classes.
> He wants to change the list so that only faculty can post to the list.
> This would be about 30 people.  One suggestion was to use a moderated
> list and put all 30 faculty on as editors (putting all but one in as
> Quiet).  Are there better ways of accomplishing this?  We use
> LISTSERV 14.4 on a VM system.

At least prior to the 14.x releases, you could setup a dummy list with the faculty addresses, say PHARM-FACULTY.  Then in the lists in question, you can use Send= Editor and Editor=x@y,(PHARM-FACULTY).

Not sure how this variation on 'the kludge' translates into the 14.x releases (we've not upgraded just yet, but I think this is one of the 'gotchas').

Jeff