Stanley Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:08:14 -0400
We are running Listserv 1.8d (the latest version) under Tru64 Unix 4.0D
with the latest qmail in place of sendmail. We are having a heck of a time
getting Listserv's outbound e-mail to be identified as coming from the
host "listserv.temple.edu". You see, "listserv.temple.edu" is a CNAME for
"cronkite.ocis.temple.edu" and on many of the systems I use, Listserv's
e-mail comes identified correctly, including a host I use outside of
Temple's domain, but for some hosts, the mail from our Listserv comes
identified with the host as "cronkite.ocis.temple.edu" which we do not
want. We tried tweaking qmail any number of different ways so we can only
conclude that Listserv is injecting its mail with
"cronkite.ocis.temple.edu" as the host name. Any information that would
lead us to a solution that works across all Internet hosts would be
appreciated, espcially HOW Listserv directs outbound e-mail.

Also, how does Listserv deal with environment varialbles passed to
Listserv?

Thanks