Douglas Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Aug 90 01:02:01 EDT
Hi guys,

    I recently installed a Listserv over here. As i has been running i have
noticed a few things i wasn't aware of initially.

1)  It has a tendency to chat with everybody. Sure, it's my baby and it
  should be free to talk with whoever it cares, but here i have a blabber
  mouth. Is it usual. Before you ask for consoles, i'll clasiffy a bit.
  When i put a couple of test lists on, it informed everyone on planet
  Earth. Recently i get a whole lot of file distribution, with signoffs,
  etc.  Plus it runs on and on. Must teach my baby some manners. ;-)

2)  I commited the mistake to link 191 disk MW. As i was changing some
  things in the wakeparm file i saved once. When i finished whith FF,
  i got a horrible disk error. Everithing clunked up. I suposse i saved
  while my baby was reading his files. I later always had a disk pointer
  error wile trying to acces this file. I could't save it, deleate it, or
  nuthing at all. Messed things up nice. Well i copied everithing to
  another disk. Formatted, and everything back again. Me baby runs again
  nicely and chats to his friends again !!! Problem is.... He aint reading
  the wakeparm file!!!! I've tried everithyng, Gerbers Food, squished
  banana, even poured yoghurt into the darn terminal, but baby says no.
  Anybody got a solution to this messy little problem ??

Bye,

 Doug   The Bug