"John F. Chandler" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 May 1991 13:15:00 EDT
> receiving duplicate  mail from some discussion  lists. If the problem  has not
> yet been isolated  I would like to  coordinate our efforts in  solving this. I
> would suggest that we do the following:
>
>   1. Discuss  the problem  (sites affected, etc.)

This may be related to the problem:

From time to time, I send out a multiple-recipient mailing by sending a
LISTSERV DISTRIBUTE job to the nearest LISTSERV (at BUACCA, to be
precise).  Sometimes, I have seen the mailing completely duplicated, so
that everyone receives two copies (judging by the messages from the
various mailers involved).  I have no idea where the duplication occurs,
but it seems to happen more frequently (on a percentage basis) then the
equally mysterious duplication that sometimes affects messages sent to
peered LISTSERV groups -- those are generally intercepted as duplicates
and sent back.
                                       John