Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 10:38:16 -0500
Are you asking why the approval messages are going to the moderator's junk folder, or are
you asking why REPRO subscribers do not receive copies of their own postings?

I cannot answer the first question; I use a gmail account to manage a few LISTSERV lists
and have not experienced this problem; posting approval requests and other administrative
messages from the server appear in my Inbox folder.

The answer to the second question is that gmail filters messages with duplicate
message-ids. The rationale for this practice is presumably based on the requirement that
the internal message-id must be unique (see RFC 2822, section 3.6.4). When a REPRO
subscriber posts a message to a list, the inbound copy of the message has the same
internal message-id as the outbound copy. Consequently, the inbound copy never appears in
the subscriber's mailbox. This problem is not limited to messages posted to LISTSERV
lists. If you add yourself as a recipient (to, cc, or bcc) on a message you send to
anyone, anywhere, you will not see a second copy of the message. If you send a message to
an address that is forwarded to your gmail address, you will not see the inbound copy of
the message.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team