"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Wed, 5 Apr 89 19:22:21 GMT
XEDIT would  be completely prohibited,  in that there  would be a  set of
files holding information about who is  on what list. There could also be
a "TEXT" format  for lists, but that's another issue  which can be gotten
around rather  easily; the  main point  is that you  wouldn't be  able to
surreptiously modify a list without incurring serious troubles.

In  the   longer  range,  I   have  plans  for   significant  performance
improvements  in  LISTSERV through  the  use  of  a faster  (yet  public)
language. Actually I  have several plans, which I need  to investigate in
deeper details to see  how it can work out. I don't want  to say any more
until I  know for sure that  it will be  feasible and I can  estimate the
time it would take to make the  conversion. And of course, I also have an
XA migration to finish, plus 3 software projects, etc.

  Eric