Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 13:05:41 -0600
At 01:09 PM 4/24/97 CDT, David Young wrote:
>Hi all,
>   I have a list whose subscribers invariably respond to postings with
>the body of their message containing the message they're replying to
>including headers.  This causes Listserv to reject the postings saying
>that owner-... (where ... is the list name) was detected as being a
>possibly address.  Is there any mechanism for disabling that so
>postings won't get rejected for this list?  Thanks in advance.

    Don't give into that nonsense.  You will get some wild mail loops if
you disable it.

Let the bozos learn how to deal with it.  I've had a semi-form letter I
post to lists every so often.  The real offenders are the combo of
newbieness and stupid mail packages like Pegasus and Microsoft, which
include headers in replies....and force the user to cut them out, and most
can't be bothered.  I counsel the folks with pegasus to move to eudora,
which doesn't do such stupid things....and is also eternally free.

cheers

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534