Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:03:06 -0600
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:42:15 -0500, "Sparks, Michael" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There are dire warnings against editing the list files directly, but I
>think this particular edit would be safe enough.

No, it is not safe enough.

     DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EDIT  *.LIST FILES DIRECTLY!!

As a "professional driver on closed course, do not try this at home" I
have attempted this.  Changing 1 byte in a hex editor was enough to
destroy the list.  Fortunately I had backups.

The dire warnings exist for a very good reason.  Ignore them at your peril!