David Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:58:39 -0400
On 8/23/05, Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:18:15 EDT, Tim Casten said:
> > I don't disagree with you entirely Paul.  However, LSOFT is adding to the bad
> > Date and time header by incorrectly replacing the time stamp sith 6 zero's
> > 00:00:00  i take it because blackberry sends out the cap GMT with their
> > timestamp.  However in looking at headers from a blackberry the correct time is
> > also included.
>
> And you *know* the blackberry time is correct, how, exactly? Explain in detail,
> *without* saying "we can hack around it because we know it's a Blackberry..."

I haven't studied the mail protocols enough to be considered even
passing familiar, but I think the problem lies in the process where
the Date field gets created.

When Tim sends a message from his blackberry, the date field will look
similar to this:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:27:55 +0000 GMT

However, it's not all blackberries ... we have a number of blackberry
users at my work, and a Blackberry Enterprise server (I think that's
the correct term).

When my buddy sends a message from his blackberry, the Date field ends
up like this:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 04:27:55 -0400

When he sent a message to from a blackberry to a listserv list, the
Date field did not get mangled.

--
David Phillips
Molon Labe !