Fri, 6 Sep 1996 14:43:48 PDT
> But I know a couple things that will help, and if you have a consistent
> header pattern (which fortunately we did for the most part), you can
> write up a number of little REXXs to help with the migration.  They
> don't have to be pretty.  Mine sure weren't... but they worked.

One other question: is the MOVE command still supported? I know
EXPLODE wasn't supported on non-VM implmentations, but MOVE
allowed one to set up the new list, take the old one, generate a
MOVE job with an exec that specified the new location, and
LISTSERV took care of moving the entries safely between old and
new lists, as well as issuing a nice "your server has changed"
message to the moved user. MOVE also held processing of the list
while the move was going on -- it was originally intended for
reorganizing peered lists, but it works with non-peers too... or
at least it did at one time.

I can't find MOVE or EXPLODE documented any more, so this may be
a moot point.