John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:48:38 -0400
> From the Site Managers Manual
>

> Starting with LISTSERV 1.8d, all default options are applied to
> non-subscribers, so it is possible to force even non-subscribers to post
> through a moderator by simply setting "Default-Options= REVIEW", or lock
> them out altogether by setting "Default-Options= NOPOST". This works even
> if your list is set "Send= Public", in which case there is a side benefit:
> the setting will stop people whom you have set to REVIEW or NOPOST from
> signing off the list and being able to post.

> So if you are running 1.8d or higher, my statement applies.  If it doesn't
> work, you have a bug.

The manual for 1.8d was not correct. This function was suppose to work,
but was discovered it didn't, quite some time after it's release. It was
however addressed and fixed in 1.8e and it does work now as advertized in
the 1.8e manual. Except that "Starting with LISTSERV 1.8d" is really not a
correct statement :-)