Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:26:39 -0600
On 1/7/02 4:54 PM, Gnanasekaran, Viji <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Here is our current configurations for one of our lists. Even though only
> owners can post to the list somebody hacked in to  our system and trying to
> Post messages to the users. Our editor accidentally said Ok to one unwanted
> message. And all the users got them. Thanks .
>
> * SUBSCRIPTION=BY OWNER
> * SEND=EDITOR,HOLD,CONFIRM

No amount of security will help you if your Editors go approving
unauthorized messages. LISTSERV isn't psychic (yet; I understand that
feature is coming in 1.8e) -- it can't know what your Editors *really*
meant.

Editor,Hold,Confirm is, IMO, the highest reasonable level of security. If
used correctly, there is no reason an unauthorized post will ever get
through.

What do you mean by "hacked"?

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois