Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 27 Jan 1987 15:39 SET
  Well, when your punch  goes NOTREADY it means that the  system spool space is
full  (I assume  that you  didn't  logon to  LISTSERV to  purposefully issue  a
NOTREADY 00D  command :-) ). The  file gets closed  by the system and  falls in
the reader it was spooled to at the  time you issued the SIO to the card punch.
If the  header is incomplete it  may, if it  was spooled to MAILER,  be bounced
back to  the postmaster. It's no  use trying to  READY the punch again  -- this
will not solve  the spool problem and  will merely cause a  few more incomplete
mailfiles to be created. I think I incorporated  a fix in my 1.5g server to log
LISTSERV off when this occurs -- that's  the only sensible thing to do I think.

  Eric