Marc Aurel <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 00:54:02 +0100
Dear Listserv-Operators,

The Zocalo is an eMail-newsletter (from fans for fans) about the
US-SciFi-TV-Show "Babylon 5".  For the last two years the number
of subscribers has grown steadily and now it's starting to become
too large for manual processing.  At present the creators of The
Zocalo use a Windows-mailer to send the the newsletter in batches,
which is consuming about 2-2.5hrs of manual work every week.

I volunteered to try to find a new home for the newsletter where a
specialized piece of software could do the work properly (and help
to get rid of tedious administration tasks).  After browsing the
FAQs I got the impression that the friendly LISTSERV community is
the best (and the only?) group to ask.

The newsletter is sent out on every monday in four parts, each
about 25-40k to (currently) 6000 subscribers, the majority living
in the USA.  There's no other traffic on this list, replies should
go directly to the creators of the newsletter.

We would like to find a host where The Zocalo could find a home
for the next few years.  I hope there's some friendly SciFi-fan
out there...

I do not read this list (I hope that's not considered impolite in
this case), but I'm happy to give you all the information I might
have forgotten if you mail me.

--
Regards, Marc
<URL:http://www.saar.de/~bong/signatur.html>