Kevin Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:46:50 -0600
In attempting to add [log in to unmask] to a mailing list, I discovered
that the default filter rules prevent the postmaster from posting to a
mailing list.  The error message I get is:

"The enclosed message, found in the KWTEST-L mailbox and shown under the
spool
ID 0082 in the  system log, has been identified as  a possible delivery
error
notice for the following reason: mail  origin is listed in the "Filter="
list
header keyword (or its default value for the KWTEST-L list)."

In http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/sitemgr/appendb.html#keyLoopcheck I
found the Loopcheck keyword which will allow a setting of "Noorigin".  Here
is the quote:

"Noorigin Allows the list owner to disable the check for "known mailer
origins" such as MAILER, POSTMASTER, ROOT, UUCP, et al. Mail whose 'From:'
field is the address of the local mailer is still trapped, but wildcard
checks on the mail origin are disabled. "

I tried adding "Loopcheck=Noorigin" to the mailing list headers, but I still
get the error message, presumably because the sending address is
[log in to unmask] instead of [log in to unmask], which I
gather would be allowed to post to the list.

Can I arrange for the local postmaster to be able to post to a mailing list,
without disabling loop checking entirely for the list?

--
Kevin Williams
Fermilab PC Support Group