"Brian E. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 08:42:14 -0800
To whom it may concern,

I am very interested in finding a sponsor for a mailing list.  I am
currently subscribed to several mailing lists for professionals working in
the security, investigative, and law enforcement fields, and I find them all
universally lacking in content.  Many of these groups have either ceased to
be, are poorly managed, or have not attracted the membership required to
make them interesting.  Many of the newsgroups that would address these
issues are over-run with "non-professionals" or individuals with a
resentment of those in my chosen profession.

I propose the creation of a mailing list open to all in the following
categories:

1. Certified Law Enforcement Officers (Municipal, County, State & Federal)
2. Private Investigators & Agency Management
3. Security Officers & Management
4. Information Brokers & Providers
5. Bodyguards & other protection professionals
6. Bail Bondsmen & Bounty Hunters
7. Anti-Terrorism Professionals
8. Loss Prevention Professionals
9. Risk Management Professionals
10. Other related industries and interested individuals

The list would discuss and disseminate the following:

1. Current information related to the above categories
2. Summaries of news accounts related to these industries
3. Information relating to changes in these industries
4. Personal accounts by members of their experiences
5. Tips & techniques from members regarding their industry
6. WWW sites relating to these industries
7. Information relating to using the 'Net professionally (i.e. PGP, IPhone,
etc.)
8. Digests of information from vendors and suppliers (received and approved
by the list manager)
9. Exchange of employment information for those seeking
professional/positions within these industries
10. Contests and other diversions
11. Trends in these and related industries
12. Anything else that this list needs as it grows.

I, of course, would like to be the list manager.  To that end, I will tell
you a little about my background.

I am a licensed Private Investigator and Agency Manager in the State of
Florida.  I also hold a Florida Firearms Permit (for Investigators), as well
as a Security Officer's License.  I have worked in the security industry for
over 15 years, and I have served in all of the above categories (with the
exception of CLEO).  I am currently President of my own security consulting
firm DAVIS & ASSOCIATES.  Previous to this, I was the Vice President in
charge of all consulting and investigations for the second largest security
company in Florida.

I am an avid 'Net user, and have been accessing the 'Net for over two years.
I am familiar with the most popular servers, services, sites, and programs
common to the 'Net, and have recently starting helping local school children
to establish 'Net access from their homes.

Ideally, I would like to have this list be sponsored, and therefore, incur
not personal costs.  I would also like to avoid changing my ISP, however,
both of these items are open to reasonable negotiation.

Please reply to me directly regarding my request for sponsorship.  I am
willing to discuss this project further, either through  e-mail or telephone
(305) 446-7306.  I look forward to speaking to someone regarding this matter.

Regards,

Brian E. Davis
Davis & Associates
Security & Protection Consultants
Coral Gables, Florida (USA)
Licensed Private Investigator (FL#C9500111)
[log in to unmask]  [log in to unmask]