Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 May 2011 10:51:30 -0400
On Thu, 19 May 2011 09:34:07 EDT, Ron Steffens said:
> Does anyone have any experience setting up a system with a single password
> used for all the participants?  I know that this is not good procedure,
> but the person that manages the List wants to make it easy for people to
> login.

Well, you can do it several ways:

1) Create *one* userid/password that everybody uses.  Of course, if that's the
address used as a subscriber, that won't work well, but it *might* be workable
for a herd of 7-8 people acting as a list owner.

2) If you know the addresses of all the participants, you can probably go ahead
and create the passwords for them (is the PWC ADD command still there?)

3) Tell the list owner that it's not 1985 anymore, people are *used* to setting
up passwords on all sorts of sites, and he's actually making it harder in the
long run.