Ted Manos <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 May 1991 02:29:35 CST
On Wed, 8 May 91 12:18:03 BST <KINSELLA@IRTCCARL> said:
>There have been a number of occasions recently where I have received mail
>to which the distribution list has been appended. Having noticed complaints
>on several lists from other recipients of such mail, I decided to log all
>such mail. Below is the extracted Sender and From of the logged mail, over
>a period of just over 2 weeks.
>Can something be done about it?

I have been fortunate to NOT have received any of this (yet).  However, I
have also heard numerous complaints of this.  At the same time, over the
past couple of weeks, I have heard numerous complaints from people about
receiving mail from lists to which they never subscribed.  I myself have
been a victim of this latter problem.  One day, out of the blue, I
suddenly started receiving mail from a list I never joined.  (I know
exactly which lists I joined.)  I REViewed the list, and sure enough, I
had "miraculously" become a subscriber somehow!  Are these problems
perhaps being caused by some errant LISTSERV LISTDB backbone site
munging things up somehow?

-Ted
Ted Manos   NAD/TechRep/InfoRep   BITNET  : TMANOS@HARPERVM
Systems & Networking Consultant   Internet: [log in to unmask]
Harper Community College          UUCP net: !uunet!harpervm.bitnet!tmanos
Palatine, IL  60067-7398          VoiceNet: (708) 980-7919 (Alpha Omega)