John or Clara Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 20:59:04 GMT
I'm writing in regards to a proposal for someone to 'host' a mailing list
for me. I hope I do this right since I'm only going by a small message on
I found on a web page.

I was told to let you know .."I don't usually follow those discussion
groups" and any replies to me should go to my private address of...

I of course am looking for someone to sponsor a mailing list, actually
two. My wife and I currently have started two lists for persons associated
with TBI (Traumatic Brain Injuries). Mine is called CARE-TBI and is for
caregivers to people with brain injuries. Although this sounds like a list
for professionals it is for husbands, wifes or other family members who
have a spouse, child or any other relative with a brain injury.

The other list which is called TBI-LIVING was just started by my wife for
people with brain injuries. She herself suffered a brain injury in a car
accident 2 years ago. Although she is not severely impaired now, her
and my life has been forever changed.

These two lists are currently running from a list provider someone
suggested to me, but the service has been down for over two weeks and they
are charging us $60 a month for both lists and we really can't afford it.
So far there is only about 70 people between both lists and the volume
doesn't usually exceed 20 messages a day.

Our lists are being provided so those family members and those with brain
inuries can communicate with each other to exchange infomation, therapies,
tests and generally give each other help and support.

Brain inuries are a most horrible thing and there are 100's of thousands
of people in this world with them. My wife and I are dedicated to keeping
these lists alive since the people who have found them have told us in so
many words that they have been a "God-send". Most of the thank you letters
we've received have brought us to tears since we know what they have gone
though and know how difficult it is to find information and people with
the same problems.

I am in hopes that someone reading this will feel this is worthy enough to
host these two lists for us. We are willing to pay or give our help in
anyway in exchange. If you are interested you can visit my web page at
http://www.gatecom.com/~jlyon/tbi.html  for a look at TBI and our existing
mailing lists under the index of "Support Groups"

Thank you ever so much,

John Lyon