Kirsten Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:21:31 -0700
We have version 1.8b.  I have several list owners who would like to have
their list messages show up with the From address of the list, rather than
the person who sent it.  For example, if someone sends to the News list,
they would like the message sent to the subscribers to say "From: The News
List <[log in to unmask]>" rather than "From: Bob Jones <bob@whatever>".

I experimented with the "Sender=" option, but this doesn't do what we want.
When I look at the full header of a message sent to a list, there is a field
called "Sender:" and a field called "From:".  The "Sender" field looks just
the way I want it to, but all of the e-mail programs I have tested show you
who the message is from in the "From" field, not the "Sender" field.

The owners would like their subscribers to be able to look at their Inbox
and see that a particular message is from "Mth253 List", rather than some
name they don't recognize.

Is it possible to do this?  How?

Kirsten Petersen
Listserv Support, Oregon State University
http://www.net.orst.edu/ls