Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 00:13:56 -0400
> > So, Default-Options are applied to non-subscribers (where meaningful),
> > but not to sublist subscribers?  And sublist subscriber settings are
> > not honored for posts to the superlist?
>
>   Just out of interest, I checked one of our superlists.  I can find
> instances of subscribers on multiple sub-lists where their options in
> effect for each sub-list is not the same.  If Listserv *were* to honor
> sub-list subscriber settings when mail is sent to a superlist, which
> sub-list would Listserv get them from?
>
> --Trish

I can think of several options:

(1)  Take them from the first sublist that the subscriber appears on.

(2)  Take them from the last sublist that the subscriber appears on.

(3)  Ignore the subscriber options but apply the Default-options from
the superlist.

The current situation, in which there is no control over subscriber
options, seems the least ddesirable.