"Daniel P. Martin" <DMARTIN@UAFSYSB>
Tue, 5 Jan 88 12:53:55 CST
A little something for the "for what it's worth" department... :-)

About a month ago, I sent out an inquiry to the list requesting info
on experiences running LISTSERV under HPO 5.0, and the general tone
of the responses I got back was "HPO 5.0???? EEEEEEeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!".
(Systems programmer runs away into the night, alternately screaming and
singing choice selections of the score from 'Sweeney Todd'...)

I've had HPO 5.0 running since 12/26, and 1.5m seems to have not noticed
the difference at all (except that it is now using "SET LANG UCENG"
since we have that language installed as an option).  Admittedly, our
server, compared to most of the rest of the network, doesn't see much work
but it DOES seem to be happy in it's new surroundings.

MAILER X1.25 also seems to have not noticed any differences, and
RiceMail appears to be happy thus far.

Anybody have other observations they'd care to offer?

(Oh...we did have one teensy little problem; we take a PRG001 abend
every time we try to warm start.  CKPT works fine, and gives the operators
a chance to nap when IPL'ing after backups are done.  No other problems
encountered yet, and the support centre assures me "we'll have this fixed
real soon".  Sigh.)

Dan Martin / UAF