Jose Maria Blasco <JMBLASCO@DEARN>
Wed, 15 Feb 89 17:19:26 MEZ
>>> People who are  bored with EARN political discussions  should discard this
>>> mail immediately, and accept my apologies for sending this to the list.

>on point  3 we reached several  agreements, in particular with  Bethold Pasch
>and IBM ENC  management: it is agreed that Berthold  continues, at least this
>year, its support of EARN tools, including but not restricted to NETSERV.

Your style is bettering  from day to day: now we  receive the progress reports
of the various EARN bodies in LSTSRV-L.  This reminds me of the day where EARN
people had to learn about the newly elected president via BITNEWS.

>To conclude,  when Jose  Maria says: But  NOTHING ELSE has  been DONE.  he is
>wrong, and he knows some of the actions we are taking.

Believe it or not, when I write  something I normally do know what I'm saying,
and have good reasons  to say it. NOTHING has been done in  the area of Eric's
paper; if  now you're being  successful in  buying Ulrich and  Berthold please
don't pretend  this has anything to  do with "the EARNTECH  requirements". You
seem to have a fundamental problem to understand that our remarks did apply to
a large number of  areas, not only to "money" or "contracts",  so that I don't
find it  fair that you dare  to say that  you're progressing in what  we asked
when the only (minor) progress is in what you want to understand we asked.

Anyway this shall (hopefully) be my last note on the subject in LSTSRV-L. Poor
BITNET people  should not  be affected by  all the nonsense  that is  going on
presently on EARN. I will only bother to  reply if I see a personal attack (or
if I can't resist what's being said :-)). Please do the same and do not invade
this list with things it's not intended for.

>Alain Auroux                Michael Hebgen

  Jose Maria