James Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:43:59 +1100
Hi,

I have been asked to provide a facility that seems to be answered by
the implementation of sub-lists.

The request is to have 6 super-lists that all have as a single sub-
list as a "core" list.
This would enable the core sub-list to receive all traffic sent to
any of the super-lists.

The question I have concerns archives (notebooks).

Can we have a working archive on the core sub-list, if we do not have
an archive for any of the super-lists?

I know if the super-list has an archive then posts to it will NOT be
archived on the sub-list.
But the docs do not explicitly address the reverse case.

If this is not possible, is there another arrangement to provide this
functionality (without resorting to TOPICS?

James
_
James Hale                    [log in to unmask]
IT Manager, ArtsIT, Faculty of Arts
University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61 3 8344 8196    Fax: +61 3 9347 6064
_
This e-mail and any attachments may contain personal information or
information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of
copyright.  Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is
prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any
attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any
attachments for viruses and defects before opening them.  If this e-
mail is received in error please delete it and notify us by return e-
mail.