"John L. Mottl" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:36:42 -0400
I read through the logs and did not see any search requests from me, so it
seems the server may not have gotten the request.  I am searching using the
web site search engine.  Later, it started responding, and if I limit the
range it responds very quickly.

If I do a full achieve search it now seems to work, but its very slow.  I
keep getting end user complaints about it as well (below is an example).
I'm sitting next to the server and it takes several minutes for it to reply
to my search for raku as well.  Granted the achieves go back to '96, but I
would think it could be faster.

Is there anything I can do top help speed this up?

John L. Mottl
Network Administrator
The American Ceramic Society
735 Ceramic Place
Westerville, OH 43081
Ph: 614.794.5864
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

The ClayArt ListServ archive is a great resource but due to the bad design

*****  The following was sent from  Stan Horwitz
            with much deep thought and reflection   ******

>On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, John L. Mottl wrote:
>
>> Tested them this morning.  Never returns a response.  Rebooted NT server
>> still not working.  Any sugguestions?
>
>Yes, take a look in Listserv's log file to see if any error messages
>appear.

*******  And that is what Stan Horwitz said in 3K
              of a well thought out message
              sent on  6/4/01  at  9:16 AM   *******