Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 09:03:31 EST
What I meant to say when I was so rudely interrupted by pressing the
SEND key instead of the DELETE LINE key :) was:

In 1.8c the LIST GLOBAL command without a search spec (e.g.,
LIST GLOBAL IBM) is available only to LISTSERV Maintainers.  This is
because it was becoming a favorite tool of people who would forge mail
from other people's addresses with tens or hundreds of LIST GLOBAL
commands in order to cripple the other person's mail box.  General users
are urged to use "LIST GLOBAL searchspec" or the CataList service to find
lists of interest.

Nathan