Oxford Eric Thomas <ET@UKACRL>
Thu, 23 Jul 1987 08:26 BST
  Ross is right,  anything in parentheses is a comment  and "Marc Wotshisname"
is not an RFC822 address. The parens should be changed to angle brackets.

  RFC822 specifically indicates that keywords MUST be accepted in any case, ie
From or from or FROM or fRoM. Of course, UUCP mailers are exempt from this and
are allowed  to reject  mail with all  caps keywords (UUCP  mailer use  a very
particular version of RFC822  which is specific to them and  cannot be read on
non-UNIX terminals - thus it has never been publicized :-) ).

  PROFS mail is (more  or less) supported and detected as  such. It doesn't go
into the RFC822 parser.

  I'll have a look  at the lowercase nodes when I  download the LISTSERV stuff
here. Sounds like a bug, although I think that RSCS should upcase nodeids.

  Phil, you probably run  the base 1.5j without the LSVIUCV  fix and without a
WAKEPARM FILE. Please use the one I sent you from my LISTSERV.

  Eric