"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Jun 1994 12:04:27 EDT
On Tue, 31 May 1994 21:55:06 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>I suppose this could happen if the  list is large, there are many hits to
>the 'windows' search, and your system is page bound. This problem will be
>solved when the database code is rewritten in PASCAL.
When the database code is re-written, I'd like to suggest that there be
a way to default a date range on list archives.  We have some active
lists that go back quite some time, and we'd like to keep the archives,
but have default searchs only the last year or so.  Otherwise, most
searchs time out, and while not as bad as the 8 hours for the NOVELL list,
they can easily take 20 minutes.

>  Eric
/ahw