"Mark R. Williamson" <MARK@RICE>
Thu, 9 Jun 88 11:55:10 CDT
>Please remove host OREGON1 from any peer listings that you have.
>
>People affected are:
>
>     anyone peering SAS-L, SPSSx-L, Info-Mac, and Info-PC lists.

Whoa! Stop!  Nobody should remove OREGON1 as a peer until new peer hookups
are decided upon and are ready to replace the current one.  In at least the
last two cases named, removing OREGON1 will break the lists into two or
more disjoint sets of peers!  (I haven't looked at the first two, since we
are not peered to them.)  The last two are redistribution lists for ARPA
lists and OREGON1 is the entry point, so we have to pick a new entry point
before we can even design the new peer hookup.

>While you're at it, go ahead and  delete any owner= fields that point at
>OREGON1 users.

That would probably be harmless.