Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:01:26 -0500
What about maintaing the subscriber data outside the list and importing it
nightly in a batch job?  That would override anyone unsubscribing using
normal mechanisms.  At most they would miss a day's worth of messages.  Or
if it were a critical message, import before sending.

---

Spam isn't speech, just like a note wrapped around
a brick thrown through a window isn't publication.

William Brown
Email/Internet Services
Erie 1 BOCES
(716)821-7285

On 5 Nov 2003, at 10:41, Paul Russell wrote:

>Several entities within the University maintain lists to which
subscription is,
>in essence, mandatory. I have been explicitly asked whether it is
technically
>possible to prevent subscribers from leaving these lists. Has
anyone implemented
>a list exit to either prevent signoff or require owner approval for
signoff?